Top 6 Things to Consider When Choosing the Ultimate Career
For someone thinking about starting a business, it’s important to know what kind of business will be right for each of us. There are many different types of businesses that can make money and be successful. Starting a business can change the course of our life. If we want that change to have the greatest benefit, here are a few key objectives to keep in mind.
1. It should solve a big, expensive problem. Businesses respond to the pain people are going through. The bigger the problem, the greater the opportunity.
2. It should be good for the planet and for people. Sustainability is important to people and to the planet. We need more solutions that respect nature, do the least harm and the greatest good.
3. It should be legal, moral, safe and ethical. The impulse to make money regardless of who it affects can have long-term consequences for everyone.
4. It should create generational wealth and long-term benefits. If we choose something that can have short-term gain, but may be impractical on a long-term basis, the chances are that we will not stick with it.
5. It should be profitable. If we engage in work that costs more time and money than we stand to gain, the chances are that we will not stick with it.
6. It should be philanthropic. Having a profitable business doing what helps people is great for the planet, fulfills a moral purpose and when it benefits a cause or causes, can give us pleasure beyond measure.
Dr. Jesse R. Brown, ND, is the owner of the Wholistic Training Institute. Fall 2022 and winter 2023 classes are registering now. For more information, call 313-255-6155 or visit WholisticTrainingInstitute.com.